Flat rate shipping $15. 10% discount on your first order with newsletter sign up!
October 09, 2023
How often do you feel lucky? Do you see other people who always seem to have all the luck? It looks like some people effortlessly sail through life, achieving their goals and finding opportunities at every turn. Jobs seem to come easily. The seem to have a partner in life when they want one. Perhaps they dream of travel and win a ticket.
Is it really just luck, or is there more to it? Let’s explore the concept of luck and how you can cultivate more of it naturally, and of course, we will incorporate the benefits of aromatherapy.
What is Luck?
Recently, my fridge died. I loved my fridge and it seemed a bit too young to no longer be working properly. Regardless, you can’t live easily without a fridge so off we went to pick up a fairly expensive necessity… unplanned. You won’t be surprised when I tell you that our doorknob also “broke”. The knob wouldn’t turn. It was just frozen in place causing it to be almost impossible to open the door. Well, you need to leave your house and a door is a very convenient way of doing so. Off we went to replace the doorknob and lock. At this point, I found myself thinking, “bad things come in three’s. What’s next?” I haven’t noticed anything that is dire to be replaced yet. How much time do you think I should give it before it isn’t the third thing? Is this luck, or rather, lack of luck?
Luck is often described as a force that brings unexpected positive outcomes or fortunate events into our lives. The Oxford dictionary defines luck as, “success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions.” Some people believe it's purely a matter of chance, while others think that luck can be influenced by our thoughts, actions, and environment.
As mentioned right at the beginning of this post, luck can be many things. It can also be your perception of events, both those that happen to you as well as others. And let’s be honest, often luck is a comparison of the two. If you're one of those who prefer to take a proactive approach to life and manage your own luck, you're in the right place. Let’s bring more luck into your life and aromatherapy can help you do it.
How Do You Get More Luck?
1. Positive Mindset: Have you heard the expression, “where focus goes energy flows”? Luck often favors those with a positive attitude. Cultivating optimism and gratitude can help shift your perspective, making you more open to recognizing opportunities when they arise. Start your day with positive affirmations and gratitude exercises to set the tone for luck to find its way to you. Changing what you focus on can bring great reward.
2. Preparation: Luck can be seen as a result of being prepared when opportunities present themselves. So, stay prepared with personal growth, whether that be improving your skill set, learning new things, or expanding your knowledge in your chosen area.
3. Open Mindedness: Open your eyes to opportunities, they are all around you. Be ready to say yes to opportunity when it arises. The more opportunities you begin to see, the more they will appear. Eventually, everything will look like an opportunity.
4. Embrace Change: This one is a bit different than being open minded. Luck often finds those who are open to change and new experiences. Step out of your comfort zone and be willing to adapt to different situations. Explore new adventures. As we age, we become stuck in our ways because we have decided on what it is that we like. Instead, take a different route home. Go to the library instead buying your book online. Say hello to a fellow shopper. You never know who you might run in to.
5. Visualization and Meditation: Regular meditation and visualization exercises can help you manifest your goals and desires, increasing your belief in your ability to attract luck. Pick a goal to focus on and spend time picturing yourself achieving it. Over time you will begin to see the steps required to get where you want to go. Repeatedly visualizing the same achievement will make you familiar with it, reducing the fear associated with the unknown.
6. Random Acts of Kindness: Sometimes, luck is a result of the positive energy you put out into the world. Perform random acts of kindness to create a ripple effect of positivity that may bring unexpected luck your way.
7. Living a Healthy Lifestyle: We feel better when we look after our health. Plan time during the week to walk, sit in silence, and plan meals. When keeping up with our health needs is challenging, find someone to work with. That can be a medical professional, personal trainer, nutrition expert or even a meditation coach. Taking time for our physical and mental health takes the focus off of pains and allows us to focus on our gains. “If you don’t make time for your wellness, you will be forced to take time for your illness.” Joyce Sunada
Let's tie this all together with the power of aromatherapy. Essential oils are natural extracts from plants that have been used for centuries to promote physical and emotional well-being. Some essential oils are believed to boost feelings of luck and positivity:
Here are a few essential oils that can help you to switch your mindset, and notice the luck in your life.
1. Benzoin (Styrax benzoin) – Let benzoin essential oil help to stop the overactive mind and focus. Pick your path and commit with benzoin’s warm, vanilla/honey support. Benzoin is here to reassure you that you can do whatever you set your mind to.
2. Bergamot (Citrus bergamia) – Let go of old, harboured feelings with bergamot. Forgive yourself, and others, and move forward. Use bergamot with the ho’oponopono prayer, while focusing on forgiving yourself. “I’m sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you. I love you.” Extend this practice to forgiving others to enhance your inner peace and strengthen your sense of self.
3. Cedarwood (Juniperus virginiana )– Cedarwood essential oil supports us through times of transition. When you are looking for more luck, allow cedarwood to help you relax your mind and switch gears with support. Pair it with affirmations to start seeing things in a new and more helpful light.
4. Cypress (Cupressus sempervirens) – Cypress essential oil can be beneficial when we want to go in a new direction. Let cypress help you with goals, and opening up from thoughts that are blocking you from breaking through onto the path that you choose to follow.
5. Orange (Citrus sinensis)– one of the most well known symbols of luck and prosperity is the orange. Often used as a spiritual offering, orange is a great oil for those seeking perfection. Often, perfectionists have an “if you want it done right, do it yourself” approach. Orange helps this person to find others who can truly help them, and ease that sense that everything has to go right all of the time, otherwise it was just destined to go wrong.
6. Peppermint (Mentha piperita) - Let cool, uplifting peppermint help you to focus on your goals, and get you to your desired direction. There is a strong mind, gut connection. Peppermint will help you to handle your gut reactions to adverse conditions more professionally, allowing you to see situations in a more diplomatic light and weighing options for truths.
7. Pine (Pinus sylvestris) – use pine to increase your own assertiveness. Dr. Edward Bach says that pine is for people who blame themselves. You are worthy, and pine helps us to recognize our own individual sense of self worth.
8. Rose (Rosa damascene) – use rose essential oil to heal from emotional wounds and open your heart to new experiences.
9. Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) – Rosemary helps you find your own unique path and nurtures the need for fulfillment. It encourages inspiration, and provides a boost of self confidence.
10. Yarrow (Achillea millefolium) – use yarrow to dissipate feelings of repressed anger and as support for those who feel easily offended. Yarrow is a great addition to a blend for those who think, “why them and not me?”
Blend #1Orange – 4 drops
Peppermint – 2 drops
Blend #2Cedarwood – 3 drops
Blend #3Yarrow - 2 drops
You can also make a larger blend of your favourite oils. Place 5 drops of this blend into 10ml of your favourite carrier oil and add it to a roller bottle to wear as a personal perfume.
Remember that luck is not just about winning the lottery or stumbling upon a bag of money. It's about creating a life filled with opportunities, positivity, and prosperity through your actions and mindset.
Incorporate these natural approaches into your life, along with the soothing scents of essential oils through aromatherapy, to enhance your sense of luck. As you embark on this journey of self-improvement, you'll find that luck will become less elusive and more of a constant companion on your path to a healthier, more fulfilling life.
The information on our website is not intended to cure, diagnose or treat medical conditions, nor is it a substitute for medical advice. Please consult with a physician before beginning this or any other new health care program. The information contained on this site is provided for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be substituted for the advice provided by your doctor or other health care professional. If you rely upon any programs or techniques, or use any of the products and services made available by or through the use of our website for decision making, without obtaining the advice of a physician or other health care professional, you do so at your own risk. The views expressed on Standing Stone Wellness have not been evaluated or endorsed by any private or public entity. The information on our website is not legal advice. Please consult with a licensed legal professional for adherence to legal guidelines.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
December 04, 2023
Peppermint essential oil can be a wonderful addition to you selfcare routine, but there are concerns with this oil that you should be aware of. We’ll dive into the benefits and cautions of peppermint essential oil and how you can enjoy this essential oil safely this season.
November 27, 2023
November 20, 2023